Post Malone- Stoney [review]

                              I know I'm a year late on this one. You can blame me. Go ahead. But, I recently got into Post Malone from listening to 'Congratulations' on Youtube, and the more I listened to it, the more I fell in love with it. I was with my friends at our local bar one night and one of them read a post from someone online saying that 'Stoney' is one of the greatest albums of all time, so I immediately thought that I had to check it out myself. 'Stoney' is a great, great album. It's perfect for the time and culture that we live in today. It's filled with club bangers and songs that are built for that bass bumping car ride on the way to or from the party. But that's not it. These songs all have the depth of R&B songs and even blues. 
                             Post Malone's sound is a mix of hip hop, r&b, country, alternative, rock, and i'm sure there are other influences that I haven't picked up on yet. All that to say is that 'Stoney' is a very well-rounded album, and I think we need more artists like Post Malone who are just here to make the music in their heart, and aren't afraid to be themselves. Even his visible style is very different, and you can hear his style in his music. The stand out songs to me on the album were 'Cold', 'Feel', 'I Fall Apart', 'Congratulations', and 'Hit This Hard'. No spoilers for the album if you haven't heard it already, but you will not be expecting what the last song 'Feeling Whitney' sounds like. It's a very nice surprise and a great album closer. Post knows what he's doing, he knows who he is, and he's doing great for the people he's influencing. He's inspired a lot of people, and I hope he continues to inspire us. 'Stoney' ! Go listen to it and vibe out !

Comments

Popular Posts