Her-Her Tape #2 Review


                       Her is a French R&B/Indie pop band consisting of two members Victor Solf and Simon Carpentier. I happened to stumble upon them while my Youtube stream was on shuffle. 'Blossom Roses' happened to be playing as I walked into my room, and it immediately caught my attention. I had to do my research and find more music from them. After listening to their second album, I can say I am a fan of this band. I really appreciate what they're doing. This album is a mixture of gospel, R&B influenced vocals along with smooth, groovy electronic music. Her Tape #2 is more of an EP than an album, only consisting of 6 tracks. For fans of the band and the genre, this must be a real treat. The album struck me with tendencies that I 've heard from some other musicians who have a musical influence from outside of the U.S. Things I am totally a fan of. The EP starts with an intro that is spoken by a woman in french, I believe/ Her Tape #2 is a nice piece of art for the music lover. It definitely goes well with a nice night drive, or a nice warmly lit room. Her has got an original swagger that they should not stray away from, for it authentically compliments their style very well.

Comments

Popular Posts